Festive parties, boozy lunches, get together drinks, Christmas jumper days… The list of reasons our talons need to be more preened than usual seems endless. But what to choose to impress?
To sparkle or not to sparkle? I love glitter, even more so at Christmas. But I’ve waxed lyrical enough times about my dismay of glitter polishes. Like a bad boyfriend they are amazing to start with but a nightmare to get rid of.
So to save you time here’s my top five polishes to see you through to 2016.
1. SPA RITUAL SPELLBOUND. Since discovering this shade nothing compares to it. It now has to adorn my nails on Christmas Day. The micro shimmer particles are so small it gives the most incredible depth and chic finish. Click here to read my reviews on this most incredible of polishes.
2. SMITH & CULT LOVERS CREEP. A new entry but one I’m sure you’ll agree, once you discover this hip new brand, is worth its mention. The bottle alone makes it stocking worthy. Any girl would be beaming if this was one of her treats to unveil come present time. An opaque Bordeaux polish that with mulled wine in hand you can look chic, and on trend. It also boasts a 5 free formula, without Dibutyl Phthalate, Toluene, Formaldehyde, Formaldehyde Resin and Camphor. Available at SpaceNK
3. DIORIFIC HOLIDAY POLISHES. These beauties tend to come only at Christmas time, wonderful shades of gold and red. I tend to opt for the gold as nothing can live up to my Spa Ritual Spellbound red. In the most sumptuous packaging, these classic Dior polishes are a delight to wear and also certainly something for the wish list! A great stocking filler! This year I’m coveting the Gris Or a grey yet gold hue that is unique and beautiful all at once. Twin with your favourite glass of bubbly for the ultimate Christmas look.
4. ESSIE PENNY TALK. Who can resist the lure of Rose Gold? This girly stellar metallic has gone from strength to strength recently, even given the Royal Apple seal of approval. Even I couldn’t resist the lure of the new rose gold phone! What better way to text. This is a gorgeous polish that in true Essie style is a wonder to apply.
5. CHANEL ROUGE NOIR. The ultimate classic and celebrating 20 years at the top of the charts, Read my review here. It never fails to impress!
Which shade will you be wearing to see you into the new #SundayNails year?